“We never say that all men deserve to feel beautiful. We never say that each man is beautiful in his own way. We don’t have huge campaigns aimed at young boys trying to convince them that they’re attractive, probably because we very rarely correlate a man’s worth with his appearance. The problem is that a woman’s value in this world is still very much attached to her appearance, and telling her that she should or deserves to feel beautiful does more to promote that than negate it. Telling women that they “deserve” to feel pretty plays right in to the idea that prettiness should be important to them. And having books and movies aimed at young women where every female protagonist turns out to be beautiful (whereas many of the antagonists are described in much less flattering terms) reinforces the message that beauty has some kind of morality attached to it, and that all heroines are somehow pretty.”—You Don’t Have To Be Pretty – On YA Fiction And Beauty As A Priority | The Belle Jar (via brutereason)
she wears short skirts i wear a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eyeshadow.
she’s cheer captain and i’m ebony dark’ness dementia raven way
I was tagged by one of my favorite ladies on tumblr, the beautiful neepsterdoofus ! Girl, sorry I haven’t done this sooner, school’s been killing me.
(rules: you can tell a lot about someone by the type of music that they listen to, hit shuffle on your iPod, phone, itunes, media player, etc. and write down the first 20 songs, then pass this on to 10 people. One rule: no skipping)
1. 9 Piece (feat. Lil Wayne) - Rick Ross
2. Dark Horse (feat. Juicy K) - Katy Perry
3. Doin’ it Right (feat. Panda Bear) - Daft Punk
4. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythimics
5. Love Lockdown - Kanye West
6. My Junk - Cast of Spring Awakening
7. I Can See It In Your Face - Pretty Lights
8. Jumpin’ Jumpin’ - Destiny’s Child
9. So Young So High - Dada Life
10. Wild for the Night (feat. Skrillex and Birdy Nam Nam) - ASAP Rocky
12) That song that I downloaded from limewire that was supposed to be “Let Me See Your Hips Swing” but ended up being and advertisement that begins with a fake Bill Clinton saying “I did not have sex with that woman…”